What is our Makerspace?
Our Makerspace is a place where people come together to learn with each other, explore materials and ideas, tinker around, invent and support each other through a growth mindset.
- After school on Thursdays
- 2:45-4:30 p.m.
- MUST pre-register to attend
- Request to check out the Makerspace by emailing Checkout@district196.org.
Our Makerspace is made possible by the District 196 STEM Initiative in coordination with Dr. Cathy Kindem and a grant written by Valley educator Michelle Carruthers.
Guidelines and expectations
- Sign up in advance
- Use tools properly
- Take pictures of your creations
- Appropriate behavior at all times
- Second warning = you are done for the trimester
- All materials need to go back to their bins
- Any mess into the garbage can
- Wipe tables off with wipes